Saturday 16 May 2009

What a difference 3 days makes - an update...


Well, what a difference 3 intense days can make with my newly renamed...
GARDENING GODDESS.
Wow, she is amazing and I have learned so much.

Long days, one was 10 hrs, one forgets the time when on a mission and it does not get dark ‘til late. Lots of tea, lots of work and stiff to our bones each night hobbling out of the van and into a bath was the daily routine!!

She built some fab steps out of tree trunks, ( see pic, does not do the work justice really - trust me they are genius) never expected this wonderful creation would be formed. A shrubbery area was organised and planted, rockery formed, I was taught how to plant properly, a mountain ash tree was relocated, and loads more besides. My confidence is now increased and I feel more able to manage the space and my inspiration has returned.
She even brought across sunflowers and sweetpeas in her hand luggage and this luggage was all that she had and it was the smallest bag I have ever seen anyone travel with. How thoughtful. If only she was here all the time but she has her own garden to attend to back in the UK but she
will be back.
Next time I will sit her down with a cocktail overlooking the river as she so deserves some R and R time rather than working like a Trojan but she said, "Well you know me, I won’t be able to resist getting my fork out and digging,",,, oh well, I may just have to give in to that!! .
Thank you my friend you are a total Star! I owe you big time!

No comments: