Friday 19 December 2008

4 weeks into my new surroundings.....

It is now 19th December and I have a cold, how, why now??? I have not updated this blog as planned so regularly! Hubby still down the Languedoc, ( he with cold too!) will be three weeks on Monday since I saw him. I sent him off with some wonderful local goats cheese in seaweed for my dear friend for the fete du fromage on her blog. See her link. It went down well and I must purchase some again for myself. I gaze at the cheeses on offer in France and wonder if I will ever get through them. Lou Lou is doing a good job for us all with her tastings.I have a Christmas tree. I am soooo excited. We have not spent many Christmas seasons on French soil, always visitng family and friends so seemed somewhat pointless to have a real tree, well am sure the 3 furbabes would have enjoyed destroying it. I am loving my tree, it is so cute and in the window for the neighbours to see and cheer them en route to their abode. I feel more at home here with my very own decorations collected over time. I just adore it. Feeling more festive now! The prettiest ones are from the Christmas market in Vienna when I was on a work conference weekend. A fabulous market with arts crafts and food a plenty. Utterly a true Christmas experience in a stunning city. I did buy a tree in a pot that I will plant in our new property when we get it. On track for a signing in January!! Will be a far cry from our historical house in the remparts of charming Mailhac but cannot wait to be surrounded by so much land. I have been researching goats and may decide to just loan some for a while to keep the grass down before I take the plunge. Yes, people do need to have foster homes for goats whilst going on trips. They eat everything in sight! I would love to think I would milk my own and make my own cheese but I think I will be concentrating on the renovations first and foremost and getting the place habitable for us to move into. Maybe I may get a Golden Guernsey breed to fly the flag from my home island. They are I believe not easy to obtain though.The kits are lurrrving the forest and fields. 2 of them came in soaking tonight, it has not rained here at all so I suspect they found some damp boggy area which was perhaps deeper than first expected! I have captured a couple of the many fab sunsets so must post them on this blog when I work out how to fit them to size for the page!!Right, up the wooden hill as my papa says with hot water bottle and hot toddy and hoping I feel less rough for his homecoming! If he leaves on time he should just should be in time for the wonderful dance programme final on the BBC !!div>

No comments: