Saturday 20 December 2008

Broken down


Well
See the pic of my lovely Ronnie Renault 4 in the previous post? Well that is what the hubby will be now attempting to use to transport himself up here with. His work van collapsed at Carcassonne this morning and he just spent a packet on some repairs. So, he won't be here for the big TV result show tonight but no matter just as long as he gets here poor man! He is en route to unload the van of some of the contents of our house that are still in storage which he was bring up, head off to collect Ronnie then start again. Doubtful he will arrive until Sunday morning.
I am still feeling dog ruff and so want to get on with some things. I have been offered to eat with our friends steak and chips tonight as long as me and my germs sit at another table. They have been SO generous, supportive and kind and made the move here so much easier. See the link to their wonderful accommodation for holidays.www.bergeronnettes.com Wow, a luxury, the other half rarely eats red meat these days and therefore nor I. The best has got to be Argentinian in my book. Oh for a churrascaria in Brazil. The best meat I have ever tasted. Well, I did have the pleasure of trying some Argentinian beef in Le Bistro in North London. Heaven.
Right, must must must get on and send positve vibes to my beloved and Ronnie and hope they both make it up here unscathed! The heater works in this precious old 1986 car, much used by the Vigneronnes in the Minervois. Have only seen 2 up there whereas they are so many of them down in the vineyards. Ah, cannot wait to see them both. Had some fun times in the car. Thanks to Simon who has 3 versions and convinced us this would be a great run around vehicle. If Ronnie makes it think i will give him a make over of at very least buy him a new sticker for the boot. People have brought me back stickers from all over, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Australia...etc Maybe this pic of my neighbours cute donkies ( hubby would like one himself) may prove that the old methods of transport are more reliable!!!

2 comments:

chicken said...

wot a site! And the donkeys - wot a sight! I hope this gets through. You really are quite a girl. It'll be a lovely home-coming tomorrow. Hope he'll have got rid of his cold by the time he arrives - I know because I'VE GOT IT!

Lots of love to you both and to the Kitties and the donkeys.
Suzy

MichieMole said...

Thanks chicken. 330 a.m he arrived in super ronnie x