Tuesday 23 December 2008

A snuffly update


Well been laid low with flu, boo hiss! Not ventured out at all as far too poorly so nothing much to report I am afraid. We did brave the Christmas shoppers today to get some much needed food. Both rather useless for each other. The cats are not good nurses.
I am feeling a bit home sick for family and friends but the thought of having to pack and travel with shaky limbs and body temperature hot and cold is the last thing I could face. However at least I dont have a daughter with scarlet fever like a good friend down south. They are quarantined for 10 days! I thought scarlet fever went out with Charles Dickens!
With Christmas Eve approaching I am praying we wake up feeling better and can get some fresh air in the forest. In the UK there are reports of horrid strains of flu and it seems it is on the French shores too. Then again, it seems a common occurance at this time of year!
Deck the halls with packets of mouchoirs, the ones with menthol in are all well and good but sting your nose!
A la prochaine

4 comments:

chicken said...

So sorry to hear you have the dreaded lurgy too
Christmas eve and hubby has just gone to bed and I am licking my whisky-tasting wounds. It's not flu down here yet but it's a bugger of a virus. Russian crab legs and mayonnaise in front of a roaring fire with sorbet and chocolates to finish with and I feel not quite so bad. Cats are hopeless at nursing but they're sure nice at showing sympathy. Tomorrow Christmas lunch at nursing home and tomorrow night BED! Hope you get to that beautiful-looking forest – at least the air will be clean. Have a great Christmas Micheimole and look after yourself. xxxxx lots of love from the Stuffed Chicken

Kate said...

Bless you Michelle! Hope you recovered and had a warm and cosy festive time with your hubby and the cats? Am enjoying reading about your exploits - wishing you loads of love and luck for now and always :-)
Hugs galore
Kate x

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi I found you on Chez Loulou's blog. Hope you have recovered, I am in bed at the mo...with one of the dreaded bugs, here in the UK..not feeling 100% but have been in bed since yesterday..still aching.

MichieMole said...

Hi Anne
Great you have looked at my albeit basic blog at the mo. I am working on it. I know Lou Lou very well indeed.
Am about to update although head still stuffed up
Wonder how you are?
Brittany Bird ( Languedoc lass first)