Monday 8 December 2008

Languedoc Lass to Brittany Bird ?


Thursday 20th november
Well we arrived. A long 9.5 hr journey but enjoyable in the main except for the thick fog on the very last 20 mins of our journey. I don’t like driving in the dark at the best of times and 3 hrs of it was quite enough on the motorway and then ‘Hubby’ led the way on the last bit through dark forest roads. It only cost me 63 euros in petrol to get here!
The gite belonging to our friends whilst we renovate our next home is warm ( central heating – the first time in 6 yrs I wont need an electric blanket, flanalette sheet, 2 hot water bottles and get undressed whilst in bed!) and all so new and I am liking the idea of smaller properties by the minute! The kitties were SO well behaved ( now dying to feel the grass under their paws and scratch on trees but they must wait!) How many times can you listen to the same CD over and over? Answer, a lot. Me and the kits have had enough of Sade for a while. I must get my IPOD adaptor for the car! I stuck to this CD as was fairly chilling for my drive
We are going to get slowly organized unpacking bits and bobs over the next few days and visiting our Languedoc mate on Saturday and showing him Hammeau Tallene we are buying so he can report back to the south first hand at just what a task it is going to be!
Our friends cooked us a meal for our arrival, in fact a dish I made for them a few weeks back. They kindly thought we would feel more at home! Monday sees us off to see the new film The Changeling in the nearby main larger village of Baud about 8 mins away. We both really wanted to see this film and even in this rural location they have Version Original films that come to town! How civilized! We will be taking a trip to investigate Rennes and a walk on the beautiful coast line here is a must. 20 mins is the nearest. Maybe a start to finding the best creperie will commence and which butter from Brittany is best though we don’t really use it, in the name of research etc!!??
We have no t.v for now (not that watch t.v but company when alone curled up in new central heated abode with my kits and the hubby is toiling on a terrace down South. I will rectify that before my hubby heads back south for a week or so. In the mean time will watch my favourite show on friends big screen. It is not cold by the way! Everyone who knew we were moving up here said about the rain and the cold. Granted it has a damp edge but the sun has shone plenty and the sunsets have been wonderful.
Our phone will be connected on 25th November ( ha – all being well as originally FT called our friends to say that their phone would be cut off on that day?)
Right, back to sorting stuff out before I also tackle admin that has to be done. Borrrrring!

No comments: