Thursday 23 April 2009

Evening sounds

Look at me aren't I beautiful?
Yes you are Mr Peacock
This is not the best pic but it is rare to get to see this fella. He lives down the drive, turn right and up the road a bit.
I have only seen him once before but did not have my camera on me then.
I hear him every night 'calling'.

When I was a child I went to a place called Brownsea Island with the Brownies and the place was full of these wonderful birds. I fed one an Opal Fruit, or Starburst to you youngsters. I never forget seeing this square sweet going down his throat whole!
Us naughty Imp patrol chased them to get them to put their tails up. They did. Cruel children!
Peacock feathers someone once told me are bad luck!

I did not forfeit any brownie badges for my act of naughtiness and I continue to be amazed and appreciate the wonderful colours that nature bestows on us.

No comments: