Friday 13 February 2009

Back to Bretage


Well we are back and whilst I am sad to leave friends behind and the vineyards that are heading towards their next crop I needed to come back to Brittany for a number of reasons but I reckon for my health! All this making the most of my trip has played havoc with my digestion,
my liver and my sleep requirements. I also of course have to prepare for a 3 day visit by one of my brother in laws and his wife and return to the loving fluff balls and........ sign for the hamlet.!!

I have had a wonderful week indeed and have been driving 'Vanessa the Van' Renault 4 kindly loaned by some other friends. Visiting the choir and airing my lungs which I realise are out of practice hitting a top C! Walking round the vineyards, feeding the ducks in the park with our friends grandchildren and realising whilst keeping the 3 yr old entertained I knew the words to the Spiderman theme tune!! Of course celebrating our friends 40th was a big part of the trip too. The piccie is obviously of her cake made by a friend of us all. It was as delicious as it looks. I have done much more besides whilst poor hubby has been working and then packing the monster with our furniture. Our dear friends with whom we stayed have spoilt us so much and fed us up so well. During our week we have eaten in with them and out at friends and I have worked out that we have had not had a morsel of French food at all, well I made a pissaladiere for friends fortieth and tried a bit of that but we have had Hungarian, Chinese, Indian, Italian, traditionnal British and a fabulous Mexican dish for which I must find the recipe. I will be cooking a traditional French meal for our visitors and going out for galettes/crepes over the next few days!

Right back to house insurance quotes, I hope someone out of the 3 calls me back before we sign for it next week.

No comments: