Thursday 5 February 2009

a very hurried update


I type this hurried update in a dear friends kitchen in the village where we used to live whilst he and hubby are playing Wii tennis. We have been enjoying the hospitality of Le Bar Mailhac patron Laurent for a couple of hours at apero time and now back at our friends house. Also important was a meeting with our notaire to sign papers on the hamlet.!! Final signing day is 17th Feb!!!! We could have done it on Fri 13th and both are not overly suspicious but did not want to leave anything to chance!!!
The week here is sooo busy and two very late nights sleep deprived ( my eye balls hurt!) and wine overload are catching up with me but I am loving every minute! Last night ( weds) we had such a fun evening with friends who cooked us a fab curry, the dhal was fab though our hostess realised half way through what was was missing from it,,,, all the spices! She is pregnant however so hormones can be a wonderful excuse for blips such as these. It did not detract from the continued tantalisation on our taste buds. I don't know why but I am enjoying every mouthful of food I am eating on my visit here.

I also had the chance to bring out the child and untalented artist within with crayons belonging to their gorgeous son and some coloured card and I allowed my artistic juices to flow whilst the boys had intellectual conversation about the world! I have to add i was asked to give this drawing lark with child crayons a go ! Goodness knows what it turned out like if I was to look at it in the light of day with sleep and a non alcoholic infused hand!

The weather today has been glorious and sun warm on my face. Bliss. The mountains are looking wonderful and the vineyards looking ready to start their journey to producing their 2009 grapes.

I am taking photos but yet to download to our laptop and attach to my postings. Sorry, I will find time. I am on an alien albeit apple mac, keyboard feels strange, boys getting very noisy and competitive at their game so will sign off for now. I will be in much need of my healing and meditation/relaxation group tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the signing! how exciting! no better way to celebrate than a little wine overload... you deserve it.

cheers,

*heather*