Wednesday 25 February 2009

How many brambles? Focus - think of the chickens!



Question...How many brambles do you think can grow in an acre of land during a 10 yr period of an uninhabited or untended land space?
ANSWER... too damn many!!! ARGH

I was at the new abode today via a visit to the helpful secretary at the Mairie trying to sort out electric supply ( EDF say they have no record of the property - don't ask!)

I therefore thought I would make the afternoon worthwhile and bash a few more brambles. It was very satisfying as I totally uncovered the chicken coop and 6 rabbit hutches and a lovely stone wall. I will not be keeping rabbits to eat I may add as this is what these hutches were originally for.
This particular space is crying out for some chooks to peck around in and I look forward to purchasing them from the local market and am taking votes on names!. Even though the space is not a part of the land that can be seen immediately as it is behind the barn, I feel it could be used very wisely for fresh eggs as indeed it was originally so used. I will be back tomorrow to continue my mission which feels endless. I will focus on the end result in order than I can justify the aching limbs and numerous scratches and the evil attack of the brambles.

Watching Mr Robin hop about and hearing those cows moo again makes it all worth it, plus the sun was warm warm warm. I feel sooo lucky and hopefully the chickens will feel the same.

No comments: