Tuesday 17 March 2009

Baliwick bound


Well life may slow down a bit for a day at least now Papa has gone back to Guernsey and pre my work role recommencing at the Hamlet.

I assisted my Dad on his journey back to Guernsey at the weekend and managed to grab a couple of busy days there before heading back to the Morbihan via St Malo.
I never really forget how beautiful an island it is but my love for the island is deepened when I am on its soil drinking in the flora and fauna and the beautiful clear light. No wonder Renoir came here to paint and Victor Hugo chose this as his place of exile for many years.

I visited my new born great nephew, attended the local Eisteddford with the added bonus of seeing one of the great nieces be part of the performing group that came 1st! I walked on the cliff paths through Bluebell Wood down to one of Guernseys beautiful beaches called Fermain Bay where there is a great restaurant I want to go back and try. The views from the cliff tops in this part of the island are stunning. One can see the sister islands of the Baliwick. To own one of the properties on this cliff elevation with the magnificent views to the islands, I can only dream of affording. I won't give up hope however!

This picture is of Castle Cornet in St Peter Port with the island of Sark in the background. The Castle was build in the 1200s by the Enlgish Crown after King John lost Normandy and then it was taken by the French in 1338 then later occupied by the Germans in 1940.

My sis and myself enjoyed a sundrenched refreshment whilst having the opportunity to feast our eyes on this view complete with water skiers and reaffirming how privileged we are to have this as our birth home. Am I biased? Yes, of course, and with every justifiable reason!






No comments: