Thursday 26 March 2009

St Malo Beach



I like this picture and not sure why. I took it whilst waiting at St Malo for hubby to collect me.
There is alot in the picture. The groins, people walking, a kite/sand surfer, an island in the back ground and just a little part of a fortress on the right. It was a glorious day and if I had not had my holdall and supplys of salad cream for a neighbour in tow I would have kicked off my boots and been on the sand. I have a strong desire to always place my feet on the sand when I see it. Maybe because I spent so much time as a child on the beach it is a comfort thing! I cannot imagine a child going through life and not feeling sand between its toes, even if it is only in a sand pit!

3 comments:

Valerie, En Bonne Compagnie said...

You're right, it is a great photo. For some reason, the groins (learnt something new there!) look like a group of old people in mackintoshes to me and I'm off the wine at the mo!! Are you in the Minervois now??

Sandy said...

yes so true...I couldn't image anyone ever not knowing that feeling about the sand!

Anonymous said...

Great to catch up & read about your adventures - believe in those tarot cards!