Tuesday 6 January 2009

A few days into 2009


I received a gift today from a friend I was at college with……… ????? years ago. Bless her, a lovely surprise a handknitted scarf in purple hues. I had a phase in my life where most of my wardrobe was purple!! I have a photo somewhere of yours truly at a restaurant in purple top, skirt, ( I loved that skirt, ra ra style and short ) shoes etc.. However one time when I helped a friend with a hair show that was choreographed for charity and put on by our hairdresser at the time, I partook of hair colour or multiple colours and when I went home it just clashed with the purple wardrobe.
Strange that now I have one pashmina scarf in lilac and that is it until the friends gift arrived today!! I somehow think he phase in my life when I was head to toe in hues of lilac purple etc should stay in the past until I embrace the famous poem, when I am old I shall wear purple. I still love the colour but these days my favourite is white. My fortieth birthday theme was ALL white. White kind of symbolizes new beginnings and is a very cleansing ‘colour’.
I will close this with a thought for the day on friendship courtesy of a very dear friend of mine as she sent me a desk calender with quotes regarding friendship. I value friends very much indeed and profoundly so this has been highlighted to me during the last 2 weeks.
We are all travellers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend
Robert Louis Stevenson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TO MY LITTLE PURPLE HEART, lovely pic, it looks very familar - bet it wasn't taken in Brittany! RLS is right by the way. Too true.
Love as always
Chicken

MichieMole said...

It was taken in Brittany!!!!

MichieMole said...

Oops now sorry Chicken, this one was not of course but I just love the picture and am a bit low on Brittany pics at the mo, will be making up for that very soon