Friday 30 January 2009

Off to the Minervois..


We are heading back to the Minervois in the 'monster' van this weekend. It will be 10 weeks since we relocated to Brittany. Whilst down south work commitments call, signing papers for the Hammeau (though the immobilier has gone into liquidation so not sure where that leaves us?!) and more importantly, la piece de resistance, a dear friends big 40 celebrations! Hubby will be working and I will not though I will be loading furniture. I plan to make the most of the time which includes - catching up with much missed friends and their children, visiting Les Allez Cats and exercising my lungs. A wonderful choir to which I belonged and I miss. Singing is sooo good for the soul. I shall be sourcing mini bottles of olive oil at L'Oulibo Olive centre for a friend who is marrying down that way in June, taking in the market in the village where I will be staying, walking along the Canal du Midi. I am also excited to see a dear friend and neighbour who has been in Alaska for 2 months (rather him than me) and arrives back in the south the same week we do. It will be a given that we must get back to our village bar, Le Bar Mailhac to catch up and see Laurent the owner. And of course prepping my dancing legs for the party on Saturday night. The Birthday Girl http://www.chezlouloufrance.blogspot.com is the 2nd youngest of the Languedoc Lasses if my over 40 memory serves me right. I must compile some tips for life over 2 x 20 but she won't need many as she knows how to live life well and to the full already!

I cannot wait, I am loving it here but naturally miss the area where so much happened in the 6 yrs I was there. I have abstained from wine for a while now, no vineyards in view here so the temptation is less and the wine drinking culture is not the same. I am sampling the local cider occasionally! I will be making up for that when I am in the company of those who are well practiced at sampling the local grapes, all in the name of upping my wine knowledge of course! Chateau La Marquise is a favourite I will be reacquainting my tastebuds with and Blanquette de Limoux, well what is a special party without fizz! http://www.lestroisblasons.com

I will also tune my ear back into the Occitane twang! Du Vin, Non, DU Vanga!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you went to the festival, too! [sigh] must have been fantastic.

cheers

Sandy said...

Du Vin, Non, DU Vanga!lol It reminds me of my friend from Boston. She would say to me my name isn't Carrla...it's Calla!