Tuesday 6 January 2009

New Years Day

New Years DayWe were determined to go out and about as we did not make it on New Years Eve. We went to discover a couple of places. A beach called Ervden and then down to the Quiberon peninsula. Both were busy. Sand / kite surfing, lots of cute dogs braving the wind at Ervden and masses of people at Quiberon. I imagine in tourist season this is just buzzing but New Years Day found every café packed with those out blowing the cobwebs away and boy did it work, it was a freezing wind. I don’t miss the winds down south I have to say. I do miss my friends and my comfort zone.In a week or so I will be going gung ho finding out more about the area and I WILL join a gym. I am doing it gradually and making progress. Our house signing should happen later in the month too. 1st stop, well immediate progress that can be made is that there are 2 partition walls to be knocked down and I am thinking I will ask if I can get the tool in one hand, a glass of champers in the other and whack! – here is to the next phase in our life. I think we are mad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year!!! You ARE mad but you wouldn't be you if you weren't. Try sand sailing, it must be great fun. I envy you.
Chicadee