Thursday 29 January 2009

Home safe and sound..

Well he made it, albeit arriving at 0530 a.m and waking me up because I thought I had left the door unlocked but alas non! My fault but could not rest until he was in safe anyway. Poor chap was exhausted after his whirlind trip and having to fit in a quick supermarket sweep for the store cupboard. Lots of teabags, ( am trying decaff as drink too much tea) some pork and leek sausages, a housey mag for ideas and various other bits and pieces I won't bore you with but the ban saw from his parents garage is going to come in very useful. Nor will I post a pic of the monster van at the mo. It is hilarious. So big, not white, a dirty shade of silver. It is having a once over pre its journey to the Minervois to ensure all secure to load up the wardrobe, woodburner and all the other stuff collected over the years can securely make it up here. We now have 3 vehicles again. Ronnie the Renault is poorly but will be fixed soon. Drive shaft problems, well it is 29 years old and my Hyuandai which is not to be driven by anyone but me without grovelling to my feet as this is the most youthful and reliable one of the lot and needs to be looked after!
Right, off to the stables to watch our friends little girl practice her jumping skills. She is so adorable bobbing up and down on a Shetland pony. I will attempt to work on my slight fear of these wonderful beasts always thinking they will munch my hand off. Maybe I will stick to the smaller ponies at the moment rather than the horses.

No comments: