Monday 19 January 2009

Why Michie Mole ?


How did the nick name 'mole' bit come about? Many years ago, far too many than I wish to recall I was staying with a dear friend of mine for a while. I am Godmother to her eldest daughter. Said Godaughter came into my room one morning quite early whilst I was still in bed and I was bleary eyed. She went down to her mother and said 'Michie looks like a mole' and hence the name has stuck. Different variations of this nick name are used. Moley, Mole in the Hole etc. The name has even stuck with a couple of friends in the Minervois and my friend up North here has a daughter who is attempting to adopt it but started with Michie Mosh! I have a wonderful Mr Mole doorstop given to me as a leaving gift from a special friend down South and he will eventually grace our new home when I have a door to stop him with and a floor to put it on!
Mole fact eats 2 – 3 times its own body weight each day, or night as it is nocturnal.
Mole – Mexican yummy sauce
Mole – a character in Wind in the Willows
Mole – a river in Surrey, England
Mole – in French translates to taupe, unit of substance, ( de beaute- beauty spot) no surprises that one one means many things in French depending on which context!
Adrian Mole a well known character in books by Sue Townsend
Mole fanatic – www.moleplace.com!!!

2 comments:

Juliet said...

But Michelle.... I always thought Mole was your maiden name!

MichieMole said...

I presume you are joking Jules but then again........ anyway, there you are, I could have shared this fact at the girls group though not that cheeky info