Thursday 15 January 2009

I love surprises....


And so did one of my lovely sister in law who is featured here with yours truly.
I could not write about what I was going to be up to this weekend just gone otherwise our surprise visit to UK and the whole big birthday party surprise cover would have been blown!!!
Joanna Farrow is my hugely talented Home Economist, cookery writer and food stylist sister in law. Google her. She creates dishes with such minimal fuss with maximum delicious results and easy to follow fail safe recipes. 3 of the 5 brothers and sisters of hubbby are involved in the food industry in different ways.

Our gift to her in with a couple of the other siblings was The Big Fat Duck Cookbook by Heston Blumenthal which we believe there are only limited editons published.
Anyway, we arrived Friday night in the UK and had to lay low until 2000 hrs Saturday night. Not that easy as the Birthday Girl lives close by and each time the phone rang at the mum in laws we let it go to ansa phone just incase it was her!
She had no idea of the surprise at all and was overwhelmed we think when she entered the wonderfully traditional country pub 'The Hatch' to here her friends and family singing Happy Birthday!
I managed to take a good few photos but then my batteries ran out and I had no spare. Other family members were minus cameras so it was just me to attempt to capture the moments of this big ?0 birthday. I love taking photos but was hoping to take more but was loving the chatting too!
We had a great time over the quick few days. I got my hair cut in UK for the first time in 5 yrs. Was very relaxing. We caught up with a dear friend who is a fabulouus photographer and kindly accommodated our wedding shots.www.robinbeckham.com. He was off to photograph the Prime Minister the next day! We were cooked a delicious breakfast at the birthday girls house the morning we were leaving with delicious mushrooms, bacon which I never eat these days but love as a treat and some wonderful homemade bread and fresh fruit smoothie!
Have a wonderful birthday year ahead Joanna x

No comments: